DIY Air Conditioning kits are a great way to save money on ducted air conditioning within your home. If You are a well-skilled handyman or tradesperson. You are more than capable of taking on a DIY air conditioning project in your home. A large portion of the installation work you can do. The cost saving would be over $1000.00 depending on the size or your system.
Evaporative DIY Air Conditioning Kits
The ducted evaporative Diy air conditioning system is the cheapest of the DIY kits. The ducted evaporative cooling system would take a day to install. As an example, some of the work you would carry out would be.
- The installation of the dropper and flashing.
- The mounting of the evaporative cooler on the roof.
- Cutting and installing your air conditioning vents in each or your rooms.
- Running and taping all your flexible ducting to your y pieces and air conditioning vents in your roof space.
- You will need to have a qualified electrician to complete electrical work as it is 240 volt supply.
- A qualified plumber will also be required to connect a water supply. The plumber can finish off the commissioning of your ducted evaporative air conditioning system.
Reverse Cycle DIY Air Conditioning Kits
There are many different factors that affect the price of your ducted Reverse cycle air DIY Air Conditioning Kit.
- The largest factor would be brand of air conditioning unit.
- The size of your home is also a big factor.
- The type of zone control system that is used LCD or LED and Wifi
Some Part of the installation of your ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system is a two-man job. A mechanical lifter would make part of the installation easier. At Gmtair if you the buy the complete system from us we have an electric lifter we hire for the day for a cost of $50.00. It can also be hired from the hire shop. As an example, Some of the work you could do would do would be.
- The installation and mounting of your fan coil unit in the roof space.
- Connecting the supply and return plenum to the indoor fan coil.
- Cutting and installing your motorised dampers with the flexible ducting.
- Installing your Plastic air conditioning vents in each of your rooms.
- The running and taping of all your lengths of insulated flexible ducting to your y pieces in your roof space.
- Connecting the insulated flexible ducting to your air conditioning vents.
- You will need to get a qualified electrician to make mains connection and interconnect cable between indoor and outdoor unit.
- A qualified refrigeration guy to run copper pipe and commission. If a qualified guy is not used you will void your warranty. He can also check to make sure your system is working correctly.
What we include in your DIY Air Conditioning Kits
As part of your Diy Air Conditioning kit, Gmtair will do a flexible ducting design layout with the correct size ducting and the correct size unit for your home. Gmtair can supply all the leading brands of ducted evaporative coolers. In addition, we also supply reverse cycle air conditioning systems in both ducted and the cheaper wall split type. Because we stock a range of air conditioning parts this enables a quick supply of air conditioning system. If we do not have it in stock we can buy in.
Gmtair will assist with recommending trades if required. Therefore we have a list of preferred contractors where we know the quality of their work is up to a high standard and their prices are fair. Because there is no point in paying a good price for all components. If you are going to pay above prices on the qualified trades for installation. Have a look around the rest of the site to to see more information and quality of the components used within our Diy Air Conditioning kits.
What we include with our Diy air conditioning Kits
As part of our Diy air conditioning service, we will offer solid advice with over 32 years experience within the Perth air conditioning market. Therefore we will offer a competitive price without sacrificing quality. We can supply either a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system or a ducted evaporate cooling system. Gmtair will discuss your needs and the type of air conditioning you require. Gmtair will design a system that suits your needs and your budget. A custom design provides for the flexible ducting layout tailored to your home. We also have available a commissioning service for any brand should you require it. Please note this will be an extra cost as some machines require a bit more effort to enable all the features and benefits
Diy Air conditioning brands we sell
- Mitsubishi heavy industries is a quality brand of air conditioning offering wall split air conditioning systems In the wall split variety ranging from 2 kW right up to a massive 9.5 kW. We keep most sizes in stock and is one of our brands offering value for money. They also have a great range of ducted air conditioning system. Sizes range from 5 kW right up to a massive 20 kW
- Panasonic Air conditioning system is distributed through a specialist dealer network. Gmtair has been selling Panasonic air conditioning systems for years and have found them to be extremely reliable. Panasonic has won the Canstar award for several years running.
- Daikin air conditioning systems are considered world class. they are the go-to unit for the west Australian mining industries. They manufacture a very large of wall splits.
- Actron Air is a reliable Australian made ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system. They also sell a quality wall split air conditioning system. The Actron air ducted air conditioning is the largest single-phase machine on the market. Actron air also has some very unique features.
Some of the brands of DIY air conditioning systems we sell are above. They are all high-quality machines each unit has there own unique feature. A quality air conditioning company will have a range of quality brands available. They will also be able to guide you to a brand that has the features you need for your application.
Therefore If a Diy Air Conditioning Kit is not for you. We have a large selection of high-quality contractors to do the installation for you. We can also refer you to one of our quality air conditioning companies. Because we know they use our quality components and offers a high Level of customer service. For our Diy ducted air conditioning kits the brands of units we use offers a solid 5 Year Warranty Providing they are commissioned by the relevant qualified trades.
Complete the form below and we will get back to you in 24 hours (work days).