A lot of people ask me with Ducted Air conditioning Which one is best, so I thought I would write an article and point out the difference. Firstly what I normally say to people is you have to answer three main questions before we can determine which one would suit you best.
- What is your budget as this helps with 2 different parts? As an example, let’s say your budget is $4000.00. You cannot buy a ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system installed for that price no matter the brand or size. But you could but a ducted evaporative air conditioning system installed for that price. This would depend on the size of your home.
- What do you want the ducted air conditioning system to do? We use 3 main types of ducted air conditioning in Perth.
- The first type is ducted evaporative air conditioning. The second is ducted gas heating and finally, number 3 is ducted reverse cycle ducted air conditioning.
- At Gmtair we always ask is it fully installed or did you want to do the DIY Ducted air conditioning option because once again this can affect the price by up to $1000.00 dollars not many companies will offer this option.
Sometimes when you are asked what is your budget is. With a genuine sales person, they have a genuine reason. I get some weird looks at times when I ask. When I explain my reason people understand.
Ducted Air conditioning which one is best – Evaporative Air conditioning
Back to the question at hand Ducted air conditioning which one is best. Well if you have answered the questions above you may have already limited the choices. If not here is a basic description of the 3 most common types of duct air conditioning Perth systems.
Evaporative ducted air conditioning is one of the cheapest forms of ducted air conditioning and performs a very effective form of cooling in hot dry conditions and is cheap to run and uses a combination of water and air to perform the cooling function. There are 2 disadvantages with evaporative cooling The first disadvantage it does not heat your Perth home. The second reason is it does not perform very well in humid weather. A lot of people in high humidity turn of the water and run fan only.
Ducted Gas Heat not a popular choice in Western Australia
Ducted gas heating is more suited to very cold areas of Australia, Perth has very mild winters. But in saying that some people install the gas heating and they heat your home very well. Some of the disadvantages of ducted gas heating are the system doesn’t cool and can be expensive to run. As an example, if you live in the Perth hills Natural gas is not available in all areas. So, therefore, you have to use bottled gas which is a very costly option. One of the reasons people use ducted gas heating in Perth. It is the fact they want Ducted evaporative air conditioning as there preferred option of cooling and the system does not heat.
Reverse cycle ducted air conditioning
- Reverse cycle ducted air conditioning is becoming a popular choice with Perth builders and consumers. Because the system heats and cools homes very effectively. Reverse cycle air conditioning heats and cools parts of your home as requested by the push of a button. These areas are generally called zones. The number of zones and the size of the air conditioning unit. This will affect the price of your system. Some people say the disadvantage of reverse cycle air conditioning is the fact you are recirculating the same air. Throughout the home and the running cost can be expensive. If you do not use correctly it will be excessive in running costs. Especially relevant if you set the cooling at 18 degrees on a 40 deg day the air conditioning unit will keep running trying to get to that temperature. A more realistic temperature would say 24/25 degree.
I hope this article was helpful and if you have any questions on ducted air conditioning, please call me or email me and I would be only too happy to answer.